1. Explain the Glycemic Index (GI) and how it impacts the digestion of carbohydrates within the human body. Your answer should include information regarding the different types of sugar, the breakdown of carbohydrate for energy, and the role of fiber.
2. Provide a brief description of the three macronutrients: carbohydrate, protein, and fat. Explain the role of each macronutrient and provide the recommended dietary allowances for each.
3. Describe the process of converting adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP) into energy within the human body
4. Provide a brief description of each of the eleven organ systems within the human body, discussing the various components of each and their function within the human body.
5. Your new client is familiar with the Food Pyramid, the previous graphic representation of the Dietary Guidelines, but unfamiliar with the current MyPlate tool. Describe the differences between the two tools, and why the switch was made.